Champion minded athletes make choices that lead to success.
There’s just no way around it – success takes consistency and hard work. By making good choices, you take positive steps in the right direction everyday to earn you a slight edge. Your commitment to making good choices impacts how far you will go. Aim to get a little bit better – just 1% better – everyday, and you’re on your way to making your vision and goals come true. Listed below are some questions to the choices you will come across:
• Do you perform your warm up routine without coach telling you to?
• Do you make excuses or blame the weather, condition of the facility, coach, equipment, opponent, referee, teammates, spectators, officials, format of play, etc. for your losses?
• Do you surround yourself with people who inspire you and challenge you to be better?
• Do you arrive early for practice?
• Do you get enough sleep?
• Do you pack your bag and prepare your equipment the night before, or do you scramble around at the last minute?
• Do you put in extra work on your own time?
• Do you keep a journal and record your daily activities?
• Do you have a deep desire to improve and to ask questions?
• Do you help with practice by assisting the coach and other teammates?
• Do you make healthy food and drink choices?
• Do you cut corners or cheat on repetitions when coach isn’t looking?
• Do you practice positive self-talk?
• Do you display positive body language?
written by Allistair Mccaw