My name is Teodor Bolanu, born in 1984 in Bucharest, Romania. I’m a former professional tennis player currently tennis coach – involved in all levels of play (national, TE, ITF, WTA).
My second passion is life coaching – helping people transcend their problems and become their best selves. I’ve read dozens of books on life and transformational coaching, systemic coaching, motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy.
I have completed various coaching seminars totallying over 250 hours of live and online seminars or courses on these subjects.
In all the years that I’ve worked as a professional tennis coach,I have successfully applied coaching principles and techniques with every single tennis player I have worked with. I’ve also coached or consulted club staff members, business associates in my club managing days, or people closely connected with the players i’ve had the pleasure to work with (family members,sponsors or other important figures in their lives).
Results as a tennis player:
- National rank number 1 or 2 at every age group between 12-18 years of age.
- Top 8 ranking in TennisEurope U16 , top 120 ITF Juniors.
- By 20 years of age obtained a best ranking of 610ATP singles and 750 ATP doubles.
Results as a tennis coach:
- Started coaching when i was 21 years old.
- Worked with a lot of players both male and female in the ITF Futures circuit, between rankings of 400-1000 ATP or WTA.
- Worked with top juniors in my country, some of them going as far as top 50 in tennis europe ranking, national champions or top 100 ITF junior ranking.
- I’ve also had the opportunity to work with WTA players Irina Begu, Andreea Mitu and Irina Bara over the years doing my best to help them in their WTA careers.
- Managed a tennis club both at a business level and also from a head-coach level, trying to help as many children and parents as possible reach for their goals. Supervised tennis sessions or consulted for dozens of players ranging from beginner level all the way to juniors playing ITF level tournaments.
My coaching philosophy:
I firmly believe that as a coach, it is my duty to guide others twards developing or discovering abilities that will help them better deal with adversity and reach their goals. I think that many of these skills can be extremly helpful not only on the tennis court but also in our lives outside of tennis. There are hundreds of parallels that you can draw, from tennis to real life and vice-versa. I believe that fair-play, mental toughness, self-reflection, empathy, self respect and a good work ethic are the most important qualities that we, as coaches, should always promote and try to instil in the people we work with.
Good week in Egypt with Irina Begu who won 100k title in Cairo 2020
Runner up in G5 Tunisia, 1 year after this we got to top 100 ITF juniors.
Vanessa Popa Teiusanu singles national champion U18
With Irina Bara and Sara Errani-doubles winners 125k Buenos Aires
#TeamIrinaBegu WTA player Irina Begu’s team (im in grey)